In this article, we will discuss all you need to know about a Volkswagen service including what’s included, the different types of services and a lot more.
Types of Volkswagen service
There are typically two types of Volkswagen services available on the market. These include a minor and major service.
The type of service that your car requires depends on how often you drive your car, the types of driving you do and how many miles your car does on average a year.
A minor service is recommended for cars that mainly drive for short periods of time, in the city and do less than 10,000 miles per year. Whereas a major service is recommended for cars that often do long-distance driving and drive more than 10,000 miles per year.
What’s included in a VW service?
The type of service you have will be dependant upon what’s included, however, usually included in both minor and major services includes the following:
- Both an oil and filter change.
- Full vehicle safety test – this will be test drove on the roads.
- A full diagnostic check of the car which will include a report of findings.
- An inspection of the vehicle which includes the following: external lights, dash lights, instruments, damage to bodywork, window screen and windows, locking system, battery, fluid levels such as coolant, braking system and steering system.
- The service interval display will be re-set to the correct period when the vehicle next needs a service.
If we haven’t answered your question within this post, please contact us via our contact form and we will try to answer your question if we have the knowledge to.